UKBA: 0870 280 6354

Dial the UKBA contact number to be connected with UKBA customer service. Agents are prepared to provide information and assistance with visa requirements, visa processing, work visas, study visas, immigration rules, and more. The UKBA phone number is live Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm, and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm. 

UKBA Contact Number
0870 280 6354

The British Government controls the UK borders using the UK Border Agency (also known as UKBA). The agency forms an integral and essential branch of the Home Office. Beginning in April 2008, the authority was officially made an Executive Agency. This was achieved by combining Border and Immigration Agency and objectives with those of the UKBA. They now operate as a unified institution. Together, they direct a large number of local immigration forces that work across Great Britain. These forces liaise, communicate, and cooperate with the HM Revenues and Customs local, public, and police branches. The UKBA contact number shown here can be used to speak with an agency representative.

Contact UKBA

If you currently reside in Great Britain, but have moved here from Europe or further away, UKBA contact with an advisor is recommended. There is a dedicated helpline that is available Monday through Thursday, from 9-5pm. On Fridays, it is only available until 4:30pm. The contact number shown here is the one that you need to call if you have questions about the progress of a visa application or you need advice on immigration and residency laws. Citizenship and naturalisation submissions may also be enquired about, but do be aware that they take around six months to be completely processed.

In addition to the UKBA phone number, those who need to contact the agency can send an email by way of the HMRC website. Live chat is also an option on the site, but note that there is a charge for opting to use this service. The UK Border itself does not have an active social media page, but HMRC does. If you want to attempt UKBA contact via social media, the HMRC accounts on Facebook and Twitter would be the best options.

Applying for a Visa

If you are already in the UK, but do not have a visa, you must apply for one if you want to stay for longer than a holiday. Call up the UKBA helpline for more information and advice on this. All applications for visas have to be completed and submitted in the required manner. They are official government documents and are, as such, subject to strict rules and requirements. Make sure that you know what these requirements are before you complete the form, because mistakes will delay your application.

To begin a submission, you first need to register for an online account. There is also a mandatory visa charge that must be paid before you complete and submit the visa application document. All sections of the form have to be filled out in legible English. Once the document is complete, it needs to be printed out and you should take it to your local visa application department. They will then discuss with you what happens next and what is likely to occur, in response to your submitted visa application. If you have any difficulties filling out the application document, call the UKBA telephone number. You can also use this number to find out the location of your nearest visa application department.

Student Visa

You must apply for a valid, government issued student visa if you are a person from overseas, who wishes to take advantage of educational resources or opportunities in Great Britain. Depending on the nature and length of your stay, you may not need a full visa. For example, students planning to come to Great Britain for a predefined period of time (for a training course or other finite program), usually only need to apply for a temporary Student Visitor visa. This privilege gives you the opportunity to reside in the UK, while studying, for either six or eight months at a time.

The charge for a six month visa is £85. The charge for an eleven month visa is a little more, at £150. Do call the UKBA number for current costs. This visa cannot be extended or expanded once the allotted time frame runs out. It does not permit the carrier to legally work in the UK, marry a UK citizen, or bring family members from overseas to stay in Great Britain. The typical processing period for a Student Visitor visa is around three weeks. For a smooth journey, you are advised to start the application process at least three months before you are due to leave for Britain and start your educational course or program.

Tier 4 Visa

For students who would like to stay in the country longer (for educational purposes), the next step is a Tier 4 student visa. However, only students who have been given a permanent place on an established educational program are eligible to submit an application. The UKBA contact number shown here should be phoned if you have questions about this. The additional requirements are a reasonable understanding of the English language and a sufficient amount of cash to support your needs throughout the stay. Only individuals from outside the European Economic Zone need to be apply for a Tier 4 visa.

In some cases, independent employment is permitted, but it is best to check that this applies to your situation before you fill out or pay for a visa. The charge for a Tier 4 Student visa currently stands at £310. If you need advice or more detailed information on any of the visas discussed in this article, don’t hesitate to contact UKBA.